Sunday, April 4, 2010

little me.

I don't know how You did it. God, you are amazing. My heart is bursting with love for You and I know it's only because Yours is bursting with love for me. Little me. When you're so unfathomably great. You took the time to love, and then die for, little me. That concept blows my mind. Why would You do something like that? For someone like me, who falls so short of Your glory, so unworthy of Your sacrifice. 

If you think about it, we are nothing. We are flawed. Broken. Dirty. We have no right to exist. Everything we touch, we ruin. Nothing good comes from our hands, and in our hearts - anger and hate breeds like sudden deadly fire, never easily put out. We are imperfect and we deserve death for our sins. Deserve it. So how are we rewarded eternal happiness in the arms of our Lord? It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't make sense. In this big picture we can never fully see all at once, God doesn't make sense to our small minds. Everyone falls short of the glory of God. Yet we are allowed to enter Heaven. Why?

Jesus Christ. 

God, in man form. Born in this world, never of this world, a perfect being. Not a blemish to His wonderful name. I can't think of a single day that I went without sinning. Jesus went His whole life. No sin. Not only is that remarkable all by itself, but then add the self-sacrifice for the most ungodly creatures ever created. Us. Jesus DIED for us. He took our sins to hell and left them there so not a single person would ever be damned again. His own father, our Heavenly Father, condemned him so that we would be pardoned. So that little me could go to Heaven and spend the rest of time in the presence of my creator. 

This story would mean nothing if it weren't for today, too. Easter Sunday, when Jesus rose from the dead to take His seat at the right hand of God. My God is alive and He is alive in me. Nothing is impossible for Jesus. He beat death, He saved my soul before I was even a breath of a thought, and He loves you more than you could ever possibly imagine. So rejoice in the resurrection of our savior today. For without Him, we would be lost. I would be lost. Thank you, my awesome God, for taking the time to love and die for little me. 

No comments: