Sunday, October 12, 2008

call me.

It's nice to be missed. Nice to know they didn't forget about you. Nice to know they still care. But when you're the one missing and remembering and caring... And you're doing it alone? It stinks. After too long, you start to wonder if they ever meant all the stuff they said. All that stuff about having the potential to be really good friends. All that stuff while they were opening up to you. Revealing secrets. Bonding. Then she disappeared and never said a word. I miss you. And she won't respond to any of my efforts. Mutual friends will tell me she's been trying to get ahold of me.. But I haven't seen the effects from any such obvious struggle. Think there might be some awkwardness when she comes back? Yes. Probably. I don't want that. I don't blame her for going away. I understand. She needs to see that. And I can't tell her because I don't know where she is and wherever that is, I've been informed, there is no personal telephone. no number to reach her at. This is a one way ticket on a lonely train headed south, fast.

You have my number. I want to talk to you. Tell you I'm here for you if you need me to be...
Call me.

No comments: