Tuesday, August 19, 2008

you're welcome.

If you haven't guessed by now, my heart has been broken for exactly two days, one hour and 50+ minutes. I just thought I'd share something that helped with that today. It's called Jesus loves me and He really does care that I'm hurting. I was texting 'him' slash crying when I was leaving work tonight when, through my teary eyes and blubbering, I saw a lone hydrangea right smack dab in the middle of a parking lot completely void of any cars besides my own. As I passed it on the way to my car, I thought 'I should grab it.' Then, 'no, it's probably dirty.' As I battled myself on whether to pick it up or not, I had this intense impulse. It was like someone had yelled at me... Just pick it up already! You know you want it... So I did. I went back across the emptiness and snatched up, quite greedily I might add, this small spark of color that had completely captured my attention. As I lifted it to my nose, aside from the intoxicating fragrance, I noticed a strange side stem protruding from the side. 'Well that's odd...?' I pulled and tugged at it but it wouldn't come loose. So I pushed instead. And from the top of the white and lavender bloom of the hydrangea came a small and delicate but completely captivating yellow rose. If anyone knows a thing about roses, yellow means 'i'm sorry' in flower world. Of course I started bawling my eyes out and laughing and probably spitting too... All at the same time. And I looked up to the sky and whispered, 'Thank you Jesus'. I knew it was from Him. There was no doubt in my mind. How else could it be explained? And as I turned back to my car with my present cradled in my arms, I heard Him whisper ever so quietly in my ear as the wind swirled around me;

'You're Welcome.'

No comments: