Wednesday, January 7, 2009

go missing.

I'm not sure how He does it, but any time I'm in a rough spot or having a hard time truly appreciating all that's around me, God finds a way to bring me back to Him. Sometimes it's so simple that I fear I miss most of what He's trying to tell me. Yet he always knows where to find me when I'm lost. The beginning of the year has not been smooth and I know I started to get caught up in trivial things that shouldn't have consumed me the way they did. I lost sight of what was important. I was thinking, "it's the new year, time for some change." And right there, I started focusing on all the wrong areas of my life. I'm going to stop doing this, I'm going to take this out of the problem, I'm going to remove this from my mind, and I never stopped to think about all the good things I could bring into my life. I was so enwrapped in the negative and what needed to be erased that I started a cycle. I was stressed about getting money for school, starting school, my best friend leaving, saying goodbye to a selfish love, feeling I had no one to talk to, and it didn't stop there. It was all I thought about. I was so unhappy and I had no idea I was doing it to myself. And I'll be honest. I never asked God to help me figure out what had gotten me in such a rut. 

Turns out I didn't need to ask. He knew. And He found a way to tell me. This is where the Lord becomes so awesome. What I'm about to tell you couldn't have been set up more perfectly. 

Right in the middle of a conversation about negative and positive vibes towards certain holidays and plans for next year, a friend of mine switched subjects like a fair-weather-fan switches teams. He said, "Our GOD is a great GOD isn't he!! Psalm 43:5. Read it."

'Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again - my savior and my God!'

How did he know? He didn't. He went on to tell me two others that he has hanging at work as reminders. Hebrews 13:5.

'Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God said, "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you."

and Psalm 143:1. 

'Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my plea! Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.'

"Thought maybe you would enjoy the verses."

This is where I find peace. I could never explain how perfectly those verses fit with my thoughts. And had it been any one else to recommend them to me, I wouldn't have been so eager to look them up. It just so happens that I trust him and I respect his faith. He's become one of the most supporting friends I've been blessed with. It had to be the right tim and the right place and the right person. How could anyone know what exact formula to create to make it all work together?

God knows. He uses us every day. Cameron probably didn't know he was helping me get back on track. He was just sharing his faith. If you think about it, sharing your faith could be life altering. I don't know when Jesus uses me for His works. I want to be more aware. Because if I can feel it, maybe I could do more. If something so simple as asking someone to read a Bible verse could make a destructive thought pattern turn a 180, imagine what we could do if we really tried. If we knew what we were doing when we did it. I want to make a difference. I want to trust Him completely. I want to be loved. I can have all of that if i just make God my life. It's not hard either. I could make all the excuses I wanted, try and get out of it. But why would I do that when getting into it is the only way I feel whole? It's when I'm happy. When I'm alive. I don't know how He does it but He always finds me when I go missing. He always brings me back. 

'God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when the earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!' -Psalm 46:1-3.


No comments: