Monday, January 12, 2009

thank you.

For saying something. God is amazing! And funny! Story time.

Side note: I'm a jealous person. I'm prideful and I'm greedy. Ok go.

All day I've been pumped up because of something a new acquaintance said to me this morning. What she said was an answered prayer. Yes! Finally! Thank you God for showing me that I'm not here for nothing! I wanted to know that You were using me. I wanted to make sure You were.. But I actually just found out that I just wanted to feel important. I'm so happy that something God said through me helped someone else come back to Him, but after I thought about it for a while, it started going to my head. I literally blew up like a balloon. Now, had I written about it this morning when it happened, this blog would be quite different. As it turns out, I didn't have time. I don't think that was an accident. Throughout the day, I started craving feedback. I wanted someone else to tell me how much I'd helped them. I wanted someone else to read me and say that I'm special. I'm such a goob. God knew that would happen too. He made sure it did. Right before I started writing, well, I couldn't. My mind was a blank. I had no inspiration even though 'the coolest thing just happened!' And where does Laurel get inspiration? The Bible. So I started reading my daily Proverbs, ch. 12. Nothing. Read it again. Nothing. I wasn't paying attention. My mind was being pulled elsewhere. Chapter three, chapter three, chapter three... OK I'LL READ CHAPTER THREE! Oh.

3:7 - Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. 

Got it. Sorry God... ummm.... You're right. I'm being selfish. You didn't do this so I could boast about it and congratulate myself. I shouldn't want the fame. It's not important that more people read my blog. It's only important that I keep writing what You put in my heart. To glorify You and the way You're changing my life. All that I do is from You, and it should all be for You too. Not for me, not for them. For You. So, thank You for letting me make a fool out of myself. We both know I learn by trial and error. I'm thankful that my words inspired someone else to return to You, but I realize now that I didn't actually do anything. Thank You for showing me that You're using me, but also that I'm not strong enough to not let it go to my head. Lesson definitely learned. You can stop laughing now. Amen. 

No comments: